Friday, October 2, 2009

30 Days of Tasting

Day 17

I just said good night to our house guest, singer and song writer, Scott Stilwell. He drove from his home in Iowa to attend The Art of Faith. He's also agreed to play his song, Picture of Jesus--sounds like a book you've heard of, right?

As I review my day, the last taste I put in my mouth is the one that is lingering--homemade granola bars. When I got home from setting up for the workshop, and knew that Scott would be arriving before too long, I instinctively wanted to bake something to welcome him to our home. I wanted to create the ambiance that only fresh baked cookies shared around the kitchen table could create.

This is one of my favorite recipes because it is so simple and quick. Here it is. I hope you can share it with those you welcome to your home.

1 1/2 C of Jiffy Mix or Bisquick
1 1/2 C of oats
3/4 C of brown sugar
1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg
3/4 C chocolate chips
1/2 C coconut (optional)
1/2 nuts (optional)
1/2 raisins (optional)

Mix together: press into 9 X 11 pan. Bake in 350 oven for 18 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments: