Wednesday, October 28, 2009

30 Days of Seeing

Day 9

I see the moon
The moon sees me
God bless the moon
And God bless me

I read this poem years ago in one of our many children’s books. It reminds me of when I was a little girl and looked up into the night sky. Though I had very little exposure to ideas of God, I would gaze up into the starlit sky and feel as though Someone was looking back.

Throughout my life, I have always felt the presence of God when I looked toward the heavens. Especially at night. The last couple of nights I have noticed the moon. Its luminous globe has drawn my focus, magically suspended against the black curtain of evening sky.

Tonight a scarf of clouds enshrouds the moon. I can see it, know it’s there, but it’s playing hide and seek. That’s a bit of how today has felt—clouded over, the clarity of God’s presence and purpose harder to spot. I have days like this now and again. So, I just walked outside and looked up into the night sky. I was comforted. I still feel as though Someone is looking back.

No comments: